In Jan 2013 I took over responsibility for design, technology and subscriptions on Herald Scotland and our other news and magazine sites.
In that first year we did a lot to improve the subscription experience, technology and security – a focus that continues today. Yesterday we announced a milestone event, with HeraldScotland passing 10,000 paying digital subscribers.
What’s encouraging is that the rate of new subscriptions is increasing, with the last quarter being our strongest ever quarter for new subscriptions on record.
The story was picked up by quite a few news organisations. Here are some links:
- Press Gazette: Glasgow’s Herald trumpets regional press paywall success with 10,000 subscribers
- The Drum: HeraldScotland’s paid digital subscribers doubles to over 10,000 as paywall strategy continues to pay off
- Hold the Front Page: Newspaper tops 10,000 metered paywall subscriptions
- All Media Scotland: Herald and Times Group grows ‘paid-for’ readership
- Herald Scotland: Herald & Times Group grows paid-for readership